Defending our home and business is crucial because of the rise in theft and violence in certain areas it always pays well to help increase the security. Doing this will contribute to offer some protection in case of someone trying to break in to cause harm or steal your valuable possessions.
There are different types of security applications that can be applied depending on how your home and business is setup. These applications can help to prolong entry, to make it difficult for them to gain access or carry away heavy valuables or block them entirely. Giving time for the police or other authorities to arrive in time.
If you are looking for a locksmith in Melbourne here are some ideas which you can discuss with your locksmith:
- Door Locks (Including Deadlocks, Dead Bolts, Lockwood, Dead Latch, Lever Handle Entrance Sets, Knob Sets, Privacy Sets)
- Window Locks (Sliding Window Lock, Multi Purpose Lock)
- Patio Bolts
- Sliding Door Locks
- Security Door Locks
- Garage & Roller Door Locks
- Padlocks (including the ABUS series)
- High Security Chains
- Gate Guards
- Gate Locks
- Filing Cabinet & Letter Box Locks
- Kiddie Key safes
- Digital Keypad Locks & Fingerprint Locks
For businesses, in general, you can apply:
- Mortice Locks
- Flick Bolt Mortice Locks
- Knob and Lever Sets
- Lever Turn Cylinder Locks
- Master Key Systems
- Restricted Key Systems
- Commercial Quality Padlocks
- Commercial High-Security Chains
- Fingerprint Readers
- Magnetic Locks
- Electric Swipe Systems
- 3 Point Locking Systems
- ADI Bolts
- Door Closers
- Key Cabinets
And much more.
Safes can also be installed to help protect your most valuable possessions; they can be installed in secure places to help deter thieves and prolong them getting an entry.
CCTV Camera Systems can contribute to providing you with recorded footage in the case of an attempted robbery or people accessing the premises also mixed with alarm systems they will work great together in identifying unwanted intruders.
You can also find other tips that are free which can help with the overall safety of your home and business some which include:
- Installing outdoor sensor lights around the house, this will help you to see if anybody is hanging around and also to deter intruders.
- Keeping the area around the house clean not hidden as this provides thieves extra hiding spots if they are planning something.
- Make sure you lock the cars at all times when you are not near.
- Don’t leave spare keys in areas that are obvious places for people to look including under the mat, plant pots, above the door, etc.. It may be better to use a Kiddie Keysafe for protecting spare keys.
- Make sure all doors and windows are locked at the night time when going to sleep or leaving the workplace.
- Close blinds or curtains at the evening time or when you are not home as to make it difficult for outside intruders to determine the layout and belongings inside your house or business.
Some reputable brands we use in our locksmithing business are:
If you require any of these services or products, be sure to contact The Lock Guy one of Melbourne’s leading locksmiths.